Director, Product Design/UX Design
We want to become customers' Personal Designer+ Personal Tailor.
At frilly, we empower female millennial shoppers by providing on-demand clothes that fit their clothing style and body. Our customers get curated life-like 3D collections according to their tastes, fit and shopping habits. We manufacture the garment in our factory and delivery it to customers within 7 days. We consider ourselves as one of the pioneers in AR shopping. We want to revolutionize the fashion industry.
3D design can generate much more products than real garments in a much more cost effective way. Our on-demand business model has a much lower return rate as well. Since the fashion industry is the second biggest contributor to pollution in the world, we take sustainability very serious. We design in 3D and only make the products that are ordered by customers to minimize the waste. We also use sustainable fabrics as much as possible as well.
We are a product company at core. We are in the process of building a team that includes Product Managers, Product Designers (both fashion and digital), Product Delivery Managers, Data Scientists & Data Analytics and financial professionals.
We are looking for a smart, passionate Director of UX to join our Los Angeles team. This role will guide our team in ensuring our User Experience Design practice serves our customer needs, creates useful innovative interaction designs, aligns with business objectives, and reinforces our brand and purpose. You will be responsible for managing the design process and design strategy while developing and growing a design team. You will assist your team in developing insights and strategies, concepts and presenting designs from the user perspective, usability testing, and hindsight projects.
You will collaborate with product management, insights and analytics teams, marketing strategy and creative teams, and IT, to identify opportunities and develop design strategies and design testing that are customer centered and help achieve business goals.
To succeed you will need a strategic mindset and skills in management, user research, and multiple design disciplines. A successful candidate will recognize the value of brand experiences that can be measured, demonstrate an aptitude for quality and excellence, and have a passion for creating seamless and consistent experiences across multiple channels.
If you are a scrappy self-starter with demonstrated experience in UX Design, able to communicate clearly across cross-functional teams and not afraid to get your hands dirty, we look forward to speaking with you.
- Lead the team in UX Research and UX Strategy
- Manage design intake, planning, execution, and delivery phases for design projects
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to foster an environment of collaboration and creative problem-solving
- Identify opportunities for user research and usability testing to inform design, concepts, current and competitive experiences
- Conduct primary, secondary, and tertiary research in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Present your work or the team’s work to key stakeholders from a user and business perspective
- Identify UX best practices, translating to our brand language when relevant to our brand experiences
- Understand industry, user interface, and technology trends, and promote them where relevant within the Experience Design, Business, and IT groups
- Collaborate with IT and Product management throughout the process to evaluate the feasibility and ensure the quality of the developed experience
- Design lifecycle management: project planning, research, concept, validation, and hindsight
- Experience or management of user research, information architecture and wireframing
- Expert in articulating complex customer and business needs in easy to understand concept expressions and presentations
- Ability to plan and lead design workshops/sprints
- Familiarity with using or creating a design system or style guides
- Develop, evolve, and design customer personas, archetypes, journeys, and user flows
- Knowledgeable in the capabilities of web, native (iOS + Android), and upcoming technologies
- Organizational Knowledge: Understand how to work collaboratively and navigate complex relationships throughout different parts of the organization
- Demonstrate proficiency in user research, user-centered design methods, and excellent analytical problem-solving skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence the measurement of experience from qualitative and quantitative perspectives, and clearly connect this information to design solutions
- 100% covered health
- Stock option
- Flexible hours
- Dog friendly office